Veza offers unparalleled visibility and control over identity-to-data relationships for securing data across enterprise systems
PALO ALTO, Calif. November 8, 2022, Veza, the identity-first security platform for data, announced today that its Core Authorization Platform is now available to purchase in AWS Marketplace, a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors (ISV) that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Veza has also joined the AWS Partner Network (APN) to deliver secure, scalable and reliable services to organizations operating on AWS and has achieved the AWS Security Competency in the Identity & Access Management category.
Veza’s solutions offer an identity-first authorization platform to secure enterprise customers’ data across hybrid cloud environments from threat vectors such as ransomware, data breaches, and privilege abuse. Veza helps organizations visualize identity-to-data permissions on AWS, so customers can answer the critical security question - who can take what action on what data - specifically to address use cases that include access reviews, access certifications and recertifications, least privilege access to software-as-a-service (SaaS) apps and data, controlling cloud entitlements, and implementing unstructured data and data lake security.
As the amount of data in the cloud grows exponentially every year, so too does the complexity for enterprises to manage who and what has access to create, read, write, edit, and delete permissions for this data (across SaaS apps, databases, and services). Veza’s authorization platform provides visibility into identity-to-data relationships like never before - from users to groups to roles to IAM policies to system-specific permissions and entitlements. Veza helps AWS customers understand, manage, and control access for any account, both human identities and non-human service accounts, through authorization permissions defined by role-based access control (RBAC), attribute-based access control (ABAC), access control lists (ACLs), or identity and access management (IAM).
“Data is everywhere - in SaaS apps, in databases, in data lakes, in unstructured data repositories, in cloud services, and in custom applications,” said Tarun Thakur, co-founder and CEO, Veza. “But access to that data is an unsolved problem. By connecting identity all the way to the data, Veza helps organizations decipher permissions, manage those permissions, and automate access reviews.”
“Choice Hotels is always looking for ways to develop a more comprehensive view of access across our cloud footprint to modernize the company's data access controls. We trust the security of Veza’s platform and their focus on cloud data authorization as they continue to join forces with the world’s leading cloud technology companies such as AWS to power and support their platform,” said Jason Simpson, Vice President, Engineering, Choice Hotels International.
Veza enables customers’ identity, security, and data teams to:
- Visualize and manage the complex relationships of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) groups, IAM policies and IAM roles – mapping them all to human identities, service accounts, actions, and entitlements to AWS resources like data, apps, and cloud services.
- Manage granular permissions on AWS for federated identities (from identity providers like Okta and Azure AD) and service accounts, and their varying levels of permissions and entitlements across AWS services.
- Streamline access governance through automated workflows for certifications campaigns that identify entitlements on AWS services presented as natural language with context, helping organizations to demonstrate compliance to auditors and perform remediation actions such as initiating access removals from Veza.
- Identify authorization risks from insights, dashboards and reports.
- Remediate toxic combinations with rules, integrations into CI/CD workflows, and webhooks connected to enterprise systems like ServiceNow and Slack.
Veza supports a number of AWS services that help enterprises manage access controls and access governance for their enterprise, including:
- Identity and Access Management: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS IAM Identity Center, and AWS Organizations;
- Data Services: Amazon Redshift, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon EMR, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS for MySQL, and Amazon RDS for SQL Server;
- Compute: Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2);
- IaaS Services: AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS), AWS Control Tower, AWS Lambda, and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
Veza On AWS Marketplace
Veza Core Authorization Platform: www.veza.com/platform
Veza | AWS - data security for multi-cloud environments
Veza for AWS Demo
Veza Free Trial
Veza is the identity-first security platform for data. Designed for hybrid multi-cloud environments, Veza enables organizations to easily visualize, remediate, and control who can and should take what action on what data. Veza solves the toughest security challenges enterprises face today by organizing an authorization metadata graph across identity providers, data systems, cloud service providers, SaaS and custom applications. This empowers customers to leverage the power of authorization to address critical business needs of access governance, data lake security and governance, cloud entitlements, privileged access management, and more. Global enterprises like Blackstone, ASAPP, Barracuda Networks, Choice Hotels, and a number of Fortune 500 and emerging organizations trust Veza to secure access to enterprise data. Founded in 2020, Veza is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, and is funded by Accel, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, GV, Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. To learn more, follow the company on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, and please visit us at veza.com.
Veza Announces Open Authorization API to Extend Identity-First Security Across the Enterprise Data Landscape
New Veza community on GitHub enables developers to create and share connectors across enterprise…
Veza Achieves System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type 2 Certification
“We are thrilled to have achieved SOC 2 Type 2 Certification providing one more reason for more…